NSTA offers second and third year, middle and high school science teachers the opportunity to participate in the New Science Teacher Academy, a one year professional development and mentoring program. Emphasizing quality science teaching, enhanced teacher confidence, classroom excellence, and solid content knowledge, participants (Academy Fellows) enjoy topnotch, face-to-face and online support and access to comprehensive educational resources.
Academy Fellow Benefits:
- All expenses paid (accommodations, airfare, meals, and registration fees) attendance
to the NSTA National Conference on Science Education
- Full membership in the National Science Teachers Association
- Access to facilitated, web-based curriculum devoted to content and classroom pedagogy
- Professional development web seminars conducted by leaders in science education
- E-mentoring from experts in the Fellow’s science discipline and grade level
- Attendance at a Professional Development Institute or a Research Dissemination Conference
- Applicants must reside in the US
- Applicants must be entering their second or third year of teaching
- Applicants must be working a schedule with 51% of their classes in middle or high school science
Visit www.nsta.org/academy to learn more or to apply
by July 1, 2012.